Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles


 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

 "It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am


Share | 
 

 my midlife crisis is in full swing ....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:26 pm

and I'm loving it ....


we all have that car...THAT car... from our teenage years.... I bought a version of mine

2006 Jaguar X Type

V6 3.0 Sport Pkg. with AWD !!! 47, 000 miles on it -
Platinum Silver with Moon Roof and Black Leather interior with all the bells & whistles....even heated seats !!

I got a pretty fair deal and good enough trade-in amount for my '03 Blazer to help

I'll take my own photos soon, but this is basically what it looks like:







I haven't had a car since I was 16 and bought a used '73 camero, since then I have driven Trucks or SUV's

I forgot how much fun a nice litte sexy car is to drive around bigWink

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 pm

nice, go for it. you only have one life. make the most of it. Jags are nice cars, as long as you don't need to do repairs. Take them to the dealer for an tune up and you're looking at a grand.

good luck with it
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 pm

KK wrote:
nice, go for it. you only have one life. make the most of it. Jags are nice cars, as long as you don't need to do repairs. Take them to the dealer for an tune up and you're looking at a grand.

good luck with it


yes, I thought and worried about that....neither one of us girls can get sick, for sure
luckily my future son-in-law works at a Dealership and can help with some stuff that may come up,
but I realize that some repairs will be best done at the certified Jag shop....sigh...

I went for it anyways....I'm going to baby it as much as possible ...probably buy an older truck for rougher stuff

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:53 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
nice, go for it. you only have one life. make the most of it. Jags are nice cars, as long as you don't need to do repairs. Take them to the dealer for an tune up and you're looking at a grand.

good luck with it


yes, I thought and worried about that....neither one of us girls can get sick, for sure
luckily my future son-in-law works at a Dealership and can help with some stuff that may come up,
but I realize that some repairs will be best done at the certified Jag shop....sigh...

I went for it anyways....I'm going to baby it as much as possible ...probably buy an older truck for rougher stuff

we go to a friend of mine who owns a service station. but there are some things he can't do. They are beautiful cars and they run really nice. sometimes electrical problems plague them though. good idea to have a second car. you don't want to be beating it up
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:23 pm

don't let me scare you with the maintenance on the car. Your 2006 is engineered a lot different then the 89 Vandenplas we have. You really should run pretty much maintenance free. They made a lot of improvements with the X types and made them very respectable everyday cars. I have one friend who has over 150k miles on his with no issues other than normal wear and tear. tires, tune ups etc. he has the same color as you too. and he is driving a rough commute. from long island to central Jersey daily. heavy traffic, lousy roads. the worst driving conditions for a car.

here's a few pics ot the Xj6 Vandenplas.












i'm sure edelweiss will comment on the tire mulch C9smile lol
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 pm

OMG !! is that your & Giada's car? I LOVE it !!!!

tell me more about it when you have time


The X I bought is from Fords influence to attract the new generation ...it's from the executive economy class
and is affectionately called a "Baby Jag" ....it has most bells and whistles but not all.

I love it though, her name is "Satin" after the fancy hairdresser of the same name that use to come to Taco Bell 3 times a week for a burrito supreme to go...she wouldn't even bother to park, LOL, just pulled up near the door. She was so cool and beautiful and graceful, I was only 16 years old and was in awe of her feminine yet strong personality and charisma. Anyways, that was my dream car and this X type has some similair retro styling

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:40 pm

c/thru wrote:
OMG !! is that your & Giada's car? I LOVE it !!!!

tell me more about it when you have time


The X I bought is from Fords influence to attract the new generation ...it's from the executive economy class
and is affectionately called a "Baby Jag" ....it has most bells and whistles but not all.

I love it though, her name is "Satin" after the fancy hairdresser of the same name that use to come to Taco Bell 3 times a week for a burrito supreme to go...she wouldn't even bother to park, LOL, just pulled up near the door. She was so cool and beautiful and graceful, I was only 16 years old and was in awe of her feminine yet strong personality and charisma. Anyways, that was my dream car and this X type has some similair retro styling

That's what I mean, the newer models were completely re enginered and made to be very respectable, functional cars. the dealers will still charge you an arm and a leg for repair though lol.

wow, what a cool story. kind of makes your dream of owning it all that much more meaningful and exciting. I've had a lot of cool cars. some that i'd love to own again now. my first was a 66 mustang convertable. when I got it, it was a cheap used car. Now it's a classic that I would love to have back. The guy who bought it from me for $600 restored it and eventually sold it for $20 K. I also had a 1970 dodge challenger that I loved. but then gas prices went wild and i was working part time for $1.65 and hr. The car had to go. For awile after I went on a Cougar kick and had a few really nice ones. Then I got married and it became a matter of function. i had practical cars. I love the Honda's, S 2000's, accords. My son has a nissan 300zx. Awesome car but he's been having a string of bad luck with it mechanically. So he has kind of taken over my Accord, which I loved.

For now, my motorcycle is where i play out my mid life crisis. I recently put these little neon lights under the tank and seat. At night they reflect down off all of the chrome and you see this purple neon glow riding down the road. It looks realy cool when you pull up to a bar or restaurant and leave it parked there all lit up. My bike is metalic purple and the lights a a brilliant purple glow. hard to see in these daytime shots , but you get the effect. I'm going to do Giada's bike in blue this year. Her bike is midnight blue with lighter metalic blue flecks in the paint.




this last picture was taken at dusk but the flash muted the color a lot.




oh yea, and my tractor. Now you see, everyone with a 1 acre suburban yard needs a farm tractor with a bucket rolleyes idunno Although it was a life saver with all the snow we had this year.

Back to top Go down
Edelweiss

avatar

Location : in total denial
Humor : yes
Number of posts : 405
pennies : 536
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:45 pm

here's a few pics ot the Xj6 Vandenplas.

i'm sure edelweiss will comment on the tire mulch C9smile lol[/quote]




Nice car pics I see that tire mulch nodYes
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:53 am

KK wrote:


...

That's what I mean, the newer models were completely re enginered and made to be very respectable, functional cars. the dealers will still charge you an arm and a leg for repair though lol.

...


Yeah, I got a taste of it already... I wanted to replace a fog lamp in the spoiler and the wheel rim emblems which are faded, I took it up to the Jag Dealership shop and they quoted :

$ 178 for the fog light assembly and $101 to install
$37 for each new wheel rim emblem and $38 to "snap" them on !!!

I came home ( in shock ) and I found them online for $117 fog light and $14.95 for emblems
and I'm trading Tango a Massage at the Spa to put the new fog light assembly on for me

Those Dealerships and shops sure do a huge mark-up on parts, HA ! and parts they probably get even cheaper than I did online

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love the bling you just added to your Bike... what make of motorcycle is that ? it looks different than
the other pics I have seen ...did you get a new one ?

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:43 am

Edelweiss wrote:
here's a few pics ot the Xj6 Vandenplas.

i'm sure edelweiss will comment on the tire mulch C9smile lol




Nice car pics I see that tire mulch nodYes
[/quote]

i love that mulch. used tires. it's the coolest stuff. it's already paid for itself too.
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:48 am

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:


...

That's what I mean, the newer models were completely re enginered and made to be very respectable, functional cars. the dealers will still charge you an arm and a leg for repair though lol.

...


Yeah, I got a taste of it already... I wanted to replace a fog lamp in the spoiler and the wheel rim emblems which are faded, I took it up to the Jag Dealership shop and they quoted :

$ 178 for the fog light assembly and $101 to install
$37 for each new wheel rim emblem and $38 to "snap" them on !!!

I came home ( in shock ) and I found them online for $117 fog light and $14.95 for emblems
and I'm trading Tango a Massage at the Spa to put the new fog light assembly on for me

Those Dealerships and shops sure do a huge mark-up on parts, HA ! and parts they probably get even cheaper than I did online

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love the bling you just added to your Bike... what make of motorcycle is that ? it looks different than
the other pics I have seen ...did you get a new one ?

you are always best to look for aftermarket parts and it you have someone who can install them even better. I try to do as much of my own work as possible. It was easier on the older cars before computers and all the electronics.

That's the same bike. It's a yamaha vstar. it does look a little different. i think it's the picture angle. for some reason i think it kakes the tank look a lot thinner than it is. the colors really do look cool at night. everyone who see's it is like wow. even my son who thinks everything i do is gay lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
avatar

Blurts : smilies will inherit the earth
Location : Cloud 9
Hobbies : code
Humor : binding
Super Powers : early spambot detection Number of posts : 177
pennies : 10000095
Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:54 am

KK wrote:

...
even my son who thinks everything i do is gay lol



lolFlag

I know the feeling .... sometimes my Babygirl just shudders at some of the things I do and say
Back to top Go down
http://cloud9.roflforum.net
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:03 am

Admin wrote:
KK wrote:

...
even my son who thinks everything i do is gay lol



lolFlag

I know the feeling .... sometimes my Babygirl just shudders at some of the things I do and say

I'll have to admit. some of the things i do are giggle Giada can testify to that. Especially the day at manza's tree farm rolling on floor lau shocked lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: my midlife crisis is in full swing ....   

Back to top Go down
 
my midlife crisis is in full swing ....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: