Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles


 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

 "It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am


Share | 
 

 Who here believes in God?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Who here believes in God?   Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:38 pm

I'll start - I do. I have no doubts a God exists. While I don't have any solid proof, it's something I sense. I can feel his presence. Hard to describe but I know he's there.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

avatar

Age : 57
Location : @ Computer
Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:33 am

Me 2 halobump
Back to top Go down
Giada

avatar

Location : Happy Hour
Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:47 pm

Me three. angel
Back to top Go down
BMG

avatar

Location : Dont know......I'm lost
Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 am

I believe there has to be a creator. This planet of ours with such abundant life didnt just happen by accident.

Having said that I will say that I do not think man has the answers. I dont think the truth as to how it all came to be is what is taught in churches. I think man has tried to comfort himself over the centuries by attempting to explain that which cannot be explained.

Who ever or what ever created our world is what I refer to when I use the word God. I sure dont know what God is, nor do I believe anyone else does. When I pray I just say thank you for this wonderful day and for allowing me and mine to be alive in it. I dont know if I'm heard or not but I hope I am because my thanks is sincere.
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:10 pm

BMG wrote:
I believe there has to be a creator. This planet of ours with such abundant life didnt just happen by accident.

Having said that I will say that I do not think man has the answers. I dont think the truth as to how it all came to be is what is taught in churches. I think man has tried to comfort himself over the centuries by attempting to explain that which cannot be explained.

Who ever or what ever created our world is what I refer to when I use the word God. I sure dont know what God is, nor do I believe anyone else does. When I pray I just say thank you for this wonderful day and for allowing me and mine to be alive in it. I dont know if I'm heard or not but I hope I am because my thanks is sincere.

Amen

but i really do feel that i am heard
Back to top Go down
yangying

avatar

Number of posts : 83
pennies : 124
Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:36 pm

nice post BMG, I feel much the same sentiments and I strive to remain open to answers and clues
Back to top Go down
BMG

avatar

Location : Dont know......I'm lost
Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:49 pm

yangying wrote:
nice post BMG, I feel much the same sentiments and I strive to remain open to answers and clues

For sure.

Until the almighty sits us all down and has a talk with us about what its all about my mind will remain open too. Only a fool closes his mind based on incomplete information.
Back to top Go down
Joebert

avatar

Age : 57
Location : @ Computer
Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:59 am

BMG wrote:
yangying wrote:
nice post BMG, I feel much the same sentiments and I strive to remain open to answers and clues

For sure.

Until the almighty sits us all down and has a talk with us about what its all about my mind will remain open too. Only a fool closes his mind based on incomplete information.

I know some of those fools.
Back to top Go down
BMG

avatar

Location : Dont know......I'm lost
Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:50 am

Joebert wrote:
BMG wrote:
yangying wrote:
nice post BMG, I feel much the same sentiments and I strive to remain open to answers and clues

For sure.

Until the almighty sits us all down and has a talk with us about what its all about my mind will remain open too. Only a fool closes his mind based on incomplete information.

I know some of those fools.

I think we all do. They are quite common.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:18 pm

BMG that was a great post, I've been trying to think what to write, but I think you said it so very well

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

youtube.com:Heart - Love Alive
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:45 pm

the uniqueness of man says a lot
Back to top Go down
Toldyaso



Number of posts : 1
pennies : 1
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Believe in God---oh YEAH!   Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:47 am

I believe we are in the Endtimes and much is coming----we haven't seen nothing yet----sin is rapid and we as humans have told God to skip, hop and go to hell---and this country and the world will pay for it----it's time to repent! 2Peter 2 & 3 chapters! I am shocked at all that goes on in this USA--when we suppose to have been an example for the rest of the world! Toldyaso
Back to top Go down
java

avatar

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Toldyaso wrote:
I believe we are in the Endtimes and much is coming----we haven't seen nothing yet----sin is rapid and we as humans have told God to skip, hop and go to hell---and this country and the world will pay for it----it's time to repent! 2Peter 2 & 3 chapters! I am shocked at all that goes on in this USA--when we suppose to have been an example for the rest of the world! Toldyaso
We have not been doing a very good job at role modeling, have we?
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Toldyaso wrote:
I believe we are in the Endtimes and much is coming----we haven't seen nothing yet----sin is rapid and we as humans have told God to skip, hop and go to hell---and this country and the world will pay for it----it's time to repent! 2Peter 2 & 3 chapters! I am shocked at all that goes on in this USA--when we suppose to have been an example for the rest of the world! Toldyaso

The rest of the world is doing a lot worse than the USA. Scary thing is we are among the best
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

avatar

Age : 30
Location : long island, ny
Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:42 pm

i believe in god. i think people lay too many of people's bad choices at his feet and look for his intercession where it just isnt going to happen. that being said, i think that the bible is a nice set of judeo-christian myths written to enlighten us and make us better people. it isnt science nor is it history, but then it never claims to be either.
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:14 pm

jjjamesjchrist wrote:
i believe in god. i think people lay too many of people's bad choices at his feet and look for his intercession where it just isnt going to happen. that being said, i think that the bible is a nice set of judeo-christian myths written to enlighten us and make us better people. it isnt science nor is it history, but then it never claims to be either.

i think it is interesting how the bible with genesis kind of describes the order of things thousands of years before modern science. i'll have to find my whole speech on that. I don't feel like retyping it
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

avatar

Age : 30
Location : long island, ny
Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 am

KK wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
i believe in god. i think people lay too many of people's bad choices at his feet and look for his intercession where it just isnt going to happen. that being said, i think that the bible is a nice set of judeo-christian myths written to enlighten us and make us better people. it isnt science nor is it history, but then it never claims to be either.

i think it is interesting how the bible with genesis kind of describes the order of things thousands of years before modern science. i'll have to find my whole speech on that. I don't feel like retyping it


lol... cut and paste baby!!!!! nodYes
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:26 pm

jjjamesjchrist wrote:
KK wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
i believe in god. i think people lay too many of people's bad choices at his feet and look for his intercession where it just isnt going to happen. that being said, i think that the bible is a nice set of judeo-christian myths written to enlighten us and make us better people. it isnt science nor is it history, but then it never claims to be either.

i think it is interesting how the bible with genesis kind of describes the order of things thousands of years before modern science. i'll have to find my whole speech on that. I don't feel like retyping it


lol... cut and paste baby!!!!! nodYes
first i have to find it. cut and paste for sure, it was a book C9smile
Back to top Go down
Joebert

avatar

Age : 57
Location : @ Computer
Hobbies : Sleep/Photography
Humor : Seinfeld (show) has it all!
Super Powers : Faster than a speeding bulet...is that bad? Number of posts : 3905
pennies : 3262
Rep : 97

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:24 am

KK wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
KK wrote:
jjjamesjchrist wrote:
i believe in god. i think people lay too many of people's bad choices at his feet and look for his intercession where it just isnt going to happen. that being said, i think that the bible is a nice set of judeo-christian myths written to enlighten us and make us better people. it isnt science nor is it history, but then it never claims to be either.

i think it is interesting how the bible with genesis kind of describes the order of things thousands of years before modern science. i'll have to find my whole speech on that. I don't feel like retyping it


lol... cut and paste baby!!!!! nodYes
first i have to find it. cut and paste for sure, it was a book C9smile

We're still here waiting.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:47 am

yes !!! CUT & PASTE !!

when you take off your trolling hat, you always have great points I find interesting



I don't mean that just the way it sounds, I just can't think of how to reword it...
it's just that sometimes when you do the political stuff, I'm never sure if you are serious or having a bit of troll fun ... I know that whenever you speak about relationship stuff, it's always right and very insightful

so I would love to read what you wrote about your religious veiws

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

youtube.com:Heart - Love Alive
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:03 pm

c/thru wrote:
yes !!! CUT & PASTE !!

when you take off your trolling hat, you always have great points I find interesting



I don't mean that just the way it sounds, I just can't think of how to reword it...
it's just that sometimes when you do the political stuff, I'm never sure if you are serious or having a bit of troll fun ... I know that whenever you speak about relationship stuff, it's always right and very insightful

so I would love to read what you wrote about your religious veiws

i'll find it. hopefully. if not, i could redo it.

the political stuff is probably more trolling than not. you can tell when it's serious. it's more about a point than against an individual or group.
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:44 pm

OK. this is religion as seen through the eyes of KK. At least my rationalization of why I believe there is a God and what i believe his expectations are of us.

While I am not a regular church goer, or a very rigid practitioner of religion, I do believe there is a God. Even though I am a very analytical, science based type there is a very strong sense in me that just tells me there is a divine being responsible for all this. One thing I find very interesting is if you look at Genesis it really does capture the beginning of time fairly closely to what science tells us but written long before science had discovered it. That the earth was formed in a fiery turmoil, took time to develop. Then the seas and mountains appeared. Then plant life, then fish, birds, animals and finally humans. While the bible compresses it into 7 days the flow is correct. I find that relationship to be pretty interesting. If you read what modern science tells us, it's pretty much the same thing.

Secondly you look at pretty much all religions. While many were formed apart from each other and have different names for God, they all have the same basic premises. Almost as if there is some type of innate intuition in us that has driven the belief and it is tempered by individual cultural beliefs. Or maybe we did all come form the same source and as we moved about the globe redefined the beliefs, again to the emerging cultures.

Third, and this is kind of my own theory. Also this is where while I do believe in evolution there is something very compelling that tells me a divine force is driving it. In theory, all life came from a single celled creature that developed in a nitrogen rich pool somewhere. Over time that single celled creature mutated and eventually became a multi celled organism and finally changed from a plant form to an animal form. I can buy all that. Now again, from this every living creature evolved. Every plant, insect, bird, mammal, everything. Now each of these developments mutated features it needed to survive. Everything developed a method to eat and reproduce, the key elements to continuing the species. And as they became more advanced other changes occurred but all species advanced along the same lines. They all had eyes to see, ears to hear, noses to breath, evolution treated every species pretty much the same. But I see two very large distinctions that developed. Humans developed down a single path. There is only one species of man. But all of the other families developed into multiple species. Animals you have dogs, cats, horses, cows, mice, elephants... Birds you have sparrows, hawks, hummingbirds, gulls, owls.... Fish you have bass, trout, swordfish, sharks, guppies..... All very different and distinctive in the same category. Granted with humans you have blacks, whites, Asians but they are all really the same. Just like in cows you have angus, gurneys, jerseys, longhorns. All basically the same but a cow is different form a horse or a mouse or a cat. Of all the millions of species evolution has now created man uniquely. Why? Also of all the millions of species humans are the only ones to develop and advanced sense of reasoning, communication, the ability to control their own destiny, understand their mortality, and establish a control over all the other creatures. Like it said in the Bible. But here again evolution has treated humans uniquely. Why? All other evolutionary changes have taken place across the board. These two, as described in the bible occurred in only humans. The two most important distinctions in the path evolution has taken have been reserved for humans. To me the logical explanation is where God or a sort of divine intervention comes in. And this whole theory is probably why I do have a very strong faith. Besides the gut feeling I have inside it's what allows me to rationalize my beliefs. I believe in the science that yes we have evolved, but I believe our evolution has been directed.


I was having a discussion about religion and my beliefs and interpretations years ago with someone. Their response to me was you can't make your own interpretation about the word of God. You have to take it at the value it is stated. At first i though OK that kind of makes sense. People really do try to put their own spin on it to justify their actions. But as I thought about it, isn't the word of God as we know it just a collections of mans interpretations anyway. God didn't write the Bible. It was written by man and bound to be a collection of their interpretations. Plus much of it is written in parables or stories. As teachings of all religions are. So what is really important is the underlying meanings of these words.

The real underlying words are be good and kind to your brother. Help those in need. Honor your God. It's all about respect and decency and loving. God put us on the earth to be fruitful, multiply, command the other species, to assist our brothers and most importantly to love each other. He put each and every one of us here to matter. To make a difference in the world by making it a better place. And to go through our days making it just a little better. If someone is better off because of our actions, haven't we lived up to his expectations? If everyone lived up to his expectations wouldn't this be a better world.

God put us here to matter and to make the world a better place for others.

There are lots of different types of needs that people have. Some are hungry and need food. Some need shelter, some clothes. Some need transportation to somewhere. Some need medical assistance or supplies. Some are lonely and need companionship. Some are troubled and need help. Some need reassurance. The needs are varied. But they are all needs none the less. And all need something to help make the situation more tolerable.

We as individuals can't change or can't effect everything. I think it's most important we do try to effect that which is close to us. That which we have some opportunity to have an impact. if we can make our own world and surroundings a better place we start to overlap with those close ot us. and the circle keeps growing. Eventually the whole world is covered. I think that's whay Gods expectations are.
Back to top Go down
jjjamesjchrist

avatar

Age : 30
Location : long island, ny
Hobbies : lexi
Humor : yes
Super Powers : levitation and mesmerization Number of posts : 885
pennies : 741
Rep : 120

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:01 am

God put us here to matter and to make the world a better place for others.



quote of the millenium in an awesome post. i also agreed with the idea that we were moseying up the evolutionary pattern to a purpose and that at some point we looked up and saw ourselves in relation to the world around us and THAT was adam and THAT was eve. they couldnt go BACK to being 'innocent' creatures because they knew. i used to think that innocence and experience were choices, but they are not.... once you can look back at NOT knowing, it is paradise lost baby.
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:55 pm

jjjamesjchrist wrote:
God put us here to matter and to make the world a better place for others.



quote of the millenium in an awesome post. i also agreed with the idea that we were moseying up the evolutionary pattern to a purpose and that at some point we looked up and saw ourselves in relation to the world around us and THAT was adam and THAT was eve. they couldnt go BACK to being 'innocent' creatures because they knew. i used to think that innocence and experience were choices, but they are not.... once you can look back at NOT knowing, it is paradise lost baby.

the unique thing about it, innocence and experience is it's a one way street. you can't go back. You turn the corner and the world behind you changes.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:45 pm

That was great KK...I can't thank you enough for sharing


There was a time when I struggled to use the term God, but I came back to it. I do still struggle to assign a gender to God though. I did the comparative religion trip some of us do as I realized I had concepts that I never really questioned for myself, I just absorbed the dominant influences from family and U.S. media/culture. I realized I didn't really, really know what it meant to be a Christian or if I fit the bill I had usurped ...or rather gathered by osmosis ?? LOL

Anyways, I think you are right, most religions render to the same main theme...Love thy neighbor [as yourself]
or some variation of that.... I like the mantra "Be Kind" very, very much and mostly use that.

My main introduction to purposely investigating my own relationship with religious values wasn't until about my mid 30's and I went through the Physics door first.... studying about light & color...lead to energy, ect.
Then I studied alot of medical anatomy & physiology when I switched carreers also around that time. It's cool the way all these areas of study actually reconcile together just fine and can support each other towards a nice set of religious and spiritual values.

I read some cool confessions from the leaders of Physics, some of them even claim to post on a slightly covert website under nicks to protect the logical side of their professional reputations, where they talk about how their research in Physics led them to concede they feel there is a Higher Power or entity of some sort.
I would sure like to find that site again. I mean some of them were big names, ones who write books and lecture and show up in the media.


I love the stories of Jesus the best, I think he is a great example of a metaphysician too. I also absolutely love the Toltec teachings, old school that is, ala Don Juan Matus...who shares the similair controversy of questioned authenticity.

My thing is to watch out for my dogma...LOL.


Anyways...thanks again...great post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

youtube.com:Heart - Love Alive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who here believes in God?   

Back to top Go down
 
Who here believes in God?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: Religion & Spiritual-
Jump to: