Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles


 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

 "It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am


Share | 
 

 C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
c/thru



Number of posts : 3049

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sat May 23, 2009 10:31 pm

KK wrote:
did you see the arch yet?

yes...I went exactly by it on my way here....it was night and it had lights on it...pretty
I also drove through a section that had alot of Vegas type gambling casino/hotels with amazing
lights and huge TV like billboards...

I was actually amazed the billboards were legal that close to the rather tight and fast freeway,
they are very flashy and distracting for a driver that seriously needs to be paying attention to the road


and last Halloween, I flew here....he picked me up at Lambert (STL) and showed me some St. Louis stuff
before we headed out
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sat May 23, 2009 10:48 pm

went to the park again for the daily walk....

this time we stopped at the little gas store so I could get a slurpee,
I bought the pepsi flavor...they only had 2 choices of slurpee : mountain dew and pepsi,
I really wanted like cherry or something fruity.... soda flavor was OK, but I would have prefered coke over pepsi

Oh well.

I took a few more pics of the park...

I tried to get java to pose a certain way near this tree and make a nasty innuendo type pic,
but he wouldn't do it ...said it would be too scandalous if someone saw us, everyone here does seem to know him
... not one day has gone by without us having to stop and talk to someone or someone shouting or waving "Hey"

this is all I could get... him getting frustrated with me and all my photography instructions at the park...
he just couldn't get the 1" this way and 2" that way .... "become one with the tree" idunno

[img-deleted[/img]


Last edited by c/thru on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sat May 23, 2009 10:57 pm

this one I snuck... a few of you will find this funny





it's the main section of java central


2 computor screens running at all times ... sometimes one of them is running bootleg videos shocked
a little external fan to keep everything from running too hot

that quick blur is his coffee drinking hand

when he posts a "LOL" .... he means it...I can see him reading posts and laughing all the time
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sat May 23, 2009 11:38 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
did you see the arch yet?

yes...I went exactly by it on my way here....it was night and it had lights on it...pretty
I also drove through a section that had alot of Vegas type gambling casino/hotels with amazing
lights and huge TV like billboards...

I was actually amazed the billboards were legal that close to the rather tight and fast freeway,
they are very flashy and distracting for a driver that seriously needs to be paying attention to the road


and last Halloween, I flew here....he picked me up at Lambert (STL) and showed me some St. Louis stuff
before we headed out
I've only past through St Louis on the way out west. We did stop and see the arch though, pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sun May 24, 2009 11:19 am

I love the merry-go-round pic, so cute

I can't wait to try this wine, maybe I can get out of this mimosa rut

see you on Wednesday
Back to top Go down
java

avatar

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sun May 24, 2009 3:33 pm

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
did you see the arch yet?

yes...I went exactly by it on my way here....it was night and it had lights on it...pretty
I also drove through a section that had alot of Vegas type gambling casino/hotels with amazing
lights and huge TV like billboards...

I was actually amazed the billboards were legal that close to the rather tight and fast freeway,
they are very flashy and distracting for a driver that seriously needs to be paying attention to the road


and last Halloween, I flew here....he picked me up at Lambert (STL) and showed me some St. Louis stuff
before we headed out
I've only past through St Louis on the way out west. We did stop and see the arch though, pretty cool
I've been there many times and even worked there for awhile back in the before-time. When I was a kid my mom and aunt took me there on the day when they lowered in the final piece of the arch at the top, joining the two legs of the arch which were built separately. Somewhere in my mom's picture books we still have a picture of it.
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sun May 24, 2009 5:28 pm

java wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
did you see the arch yet?

yes...I went exactly by it on my way here....it was night and it had lights on it...pretty
I also drove through a section that had alot of Vegas type gambling casino/hotels with amazing
lights and huge TV like billboards...

I was actually amazed the billboards were legal that close to the rather tight and fast freeway,
they are very flashy and distracting for a driver that seriously needs to be paying attention to the road


and last Halloween, I flew here....he picked me up at Lambert (STL) and showed me some St. Louis stuff
before we headed out
I've only past through St Louis on the way out west. We did stop and see the arch though, pretty cool
I've been there many times and even worked there for awhile back in the before-time. When I was a kid my mom and aunt took me there on the day when they lowered in the final piece of the arch at the top, joining the two legs of the arch which were built separately. Somewhere in my mom's picture books we still have a picture of it.


I find the thing pretty fascinating. and pretty symbolic as the gateway
Back to top Go down
java

avatar

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 pm

KK wrote:
java wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
did you see the arch yet?

yes...I went exactly by it on my way here....it was night and it had lights on it...pretty
I also drove through a section that had alot of Vegas type gambling casino/hotels with amazing
lights and huge TV like billboards...

I was actually amazed the billboards were legal that close to the rather tight and fast freeway,
they are very flashy and distracting for a driver that seriously needs to be paying attention to the road


and last Halloween, I flew here....he picked me up at Lambert (STL) and showed me some St. Louis stuff
before we headed out
I've only past through St Louis on the way out west. We did stop and see the arch though, pretty cool
I've been there many times and even worked there for awhile back in the before-time. When I was a kid my mom and aunt took me there on the day when they lowered in the final piece of the arch at the top, joining the two legs of the arch which were built separately. Somewhere in my mom's picture books we still have a picture of it.


I find the thing pretty fascinating. and pretty symbolic as the gateway
STL is far from being my favorite city but like any city it has it's up side and the arch is one of the more interesting things it does have to offer. There is a little park under the arch where every Summer they have about week's celebration around July 4th holiday called the Veiled Prophet Fair. They use the little park under the arch to stage various pop bands and then on July 4th after dark they fire off the big fireworks display from there. It's huge for around hyar
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sun May 24, 2009 9:10 pm

I find the thing pretty fascinating. and pretty symbolic as the gateway[/quote]STL is far from being my favorite city but like any city it has it's up side and the arch is one of the more interesting things it does have to offer. There is a little park under the arch where every Summer they have about week's celebration around July 4th holiday called the Veiled Prophet Fair. They use the little park under the arch to stage various pop bands and then on July 4th after dark they fire off the big fireworks display from there. It's huge for around hyar[/quote]

I have to say I am not much of a city person. But NY is a pretty awesome place. much nicer since it has been cleaned up in the last 10 yrs too
Back to top Go down
java

avatar

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sun May 24, 2009 9:23 pm

For most of my life I've thought of cities as places where you go for ball games and nights out on the strip maybe now and then but not much else.
Back to top Go down
Giada

avatar

Location : Happy Hour
Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sun May 24, 2009 9:26 pm

java wrote:
For most of my life I've thought of cities as places where you go for ball games and nights out on the strip maybe now and then but not much else.

I guess it depends on the city. NY is great, Boston is another great city. One of the most impressive cities was Vienna, very old world. I'd like to go there again, but then again, I'd love to go anywhere!
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Sun May 24, 2009 9:28 pm

java wrote:
For most of my life I've thought of cities as places where you go for ball games and nights out on the strip maybe now and then but not much else.

one of the things that makes NY uniques is a lot of people live there. many other major cities people just work there. So NY is always alive
Back to top Go down
java

avatar

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Mon May 25, 2009 9:31 am

KK wrote:
java wrote:
For most of my life I've thought of cities as places where you go for ball games and nights out on the strip maybe now and then but not much else.

one of the things that makes NY uniques is a lot of people live there. many other major cities people just work there. So NY is always alive
I've been to NYC a few times, it's completely different than any other city I ever visited.
Back to top Go down
Giada

avatar

Location : Happy Hour
Humor : Good
Number of posts : 2011
pennies : 2069
Rep : 154

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Mon May 25, 2009 10:01 am

java wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
For most of my life I've thought of cities as places where you go for ball games and nights out on the strip maybe now and then but not much else.

one of the things that makes NY uniques is a lot of people live there. many other major cities people just work there. So NY is always alive
I've been to NYC a few times, it's completely different than any other city I ever visited.

It's definitely an "experience". I think what makes it so different is that it's always in motion - there are wall-to-wall people everywhere all the time, and everyone is on the move. I know when I'm there I can just stay in one place and people watch all day. I've even seen the Naked Cowboy in Times Square! Now if I can just find that Cash Cab...
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Tue May 26, 2009 9:30 am

Giada wrote:
java wrote:
KK wrote:
java wrote:
For most of my life I've thought of cities as places where you go for ball games and nights out on the strip maybe now and then but not much else.

one of the things that makes NY uniques is a lot of people live there. many other major cities people just work there. So NY is always alive
I've been to NYC a few times, it's completely different than any other city I ever visited.

It's definitely an "experience". I think what makes it so different is that it's always in motion - there are wall-to-wall people everywhere all the time, and everyone is on the move. I know when I'm there I can just stay in one place and people watch all day. I've even seen the Naked Cowboy in Times Square! Now if I can just find that Cash Cab...
most cities bang up after rush hr. except for a few local areas. NY is hopping all over all the time
Back to top Go down
java

avatar

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Tue May 26, 2009 10:48 am

Every time I'm on Manhattan Island I feel like I'm in a movie because so many movies have been made there.
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Tue May 26, 2009 12:09 pm

java wrote:
Every time I'm on Manhattan Island I feel like I'm in a movie because so many movies have been made there.
I see them being made all the time
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Tue May 26, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm heading home in a few.... probably be offline for the day

have fun A sante'
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Tue May 26, 2009 2:43 pm

c/thru wrote:
I'm heading home in a few.... probably be offline for the day

have fun A sante'
bummer, trips over?
Back to top Go down
BMG

avatar

Location : Dont know......I'm lost
Humor : Twisted
Number of posts : 2571
pennies : 2320
Rep : 79

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Tue May 26, 2009 3:06 pm

java wrote:
Every time I'm on Manhattan Island I feel like I'm in a movie because so many movies have been made there.

They were all ready to film Brokeback Mountain in my home county but changed when some town in Canada made them a better deal.

idunno
Back to top Go down
Wallstone

avatar

Location : Central Maryland
Hobbies : marine biology/architecture
Humor : You be the judge
Number of posts : 1000
pennies : 869
Rep : 41

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Tue May 26, 2009 11:36 pm

The Kirstie Alley/Tim Allen film, "For Richer or Poorer" was shot a few miles from here. Some friends who worked at a popular restaurant at the time said Kirstie's "people" called one night to request that the restaurant stay open past it's usual closing time to accommodate Kirstie and her party. The restaurant said, "No, thanks!"
Hey, this ain't Hollywood! giggle
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Wed May 27, 2009 12:26 pm

in the past month i saw a new angelina jolie movie, law and order and a few commercials being filmed
Back to top Go down
java

avatar

Number of posts : 3126
pennies : 2097
Rep : 58

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Wed May 27, 2009 3:57 pm

KK wrote:
in the past month i saw a new angelina jolie movie, law and order and a few commercials being filmed
Have you ever seen Spider-Man swinging through the rooftops? I heard he works in the Flatiron building now.
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Wed May 27, 2009 4:06 pm

java wrote:
KK wrote:
in the past month i saw a new angelina jolie movie, law and order and a few commercials being filmed
Have you ever seen Spider-Man swinging through the rooftops? I heard he works in the Flatiron building now.
no, but I probably see a movie or show a month being shot at least
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Thu May 28, 2009 12:20 pm

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
I'm heading home in a few.... probably be offline for the day

have fun A sante'
bummer, trips over?



well, I did leave Tuesday morning as planned...
I drove about an hour and called work and
told them don't wanna come home yet....

The girls covered me for the rest of the week C9peaceGrin

I headed back to his house nodYes


I'll try again to go home Saturday morning giggle
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   Thu May 28, 2009 7:48 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:
I'm heading home in a few.... probably be offline for the day

have fun A sante'
bummer, trips over?



well, I did leave Tuesday morning as planned...
I drove about an hour and called work and
told them don't wanna come home yet....

The girls covered me for the rest of the week C9peaceGrin

I headed back to his house nodYes


I'll try again to go home Saturday morning giggle
nice move, I give you a thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009   

Back to top Go down
 
C/thru's Roadtrip - Spring 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: