Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles


 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

 "It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am


Share | 
 

 Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:18 am

Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast

WASHINGTON – A band of frigid weather snaking its way up the East Coast on Sunday threatened to bring blizzards and a foot of snow to New York City and New England, while several states to the South made emergency declarations as the storm caused crashes on slick roads.

Airlines grounded hundreds of flights Sunday along the Northeast corridor in anticipation of the storm, affecting major airports including New York's JFK and Newark. Airlines said more cancellations were likely as the storm progressed. Travel misery began a day earlier in parts of the South, where a rare white Christmas came with reports of dozens of car crashes.

In Washington transportation officials pretreated roads and readied 200 salt trucks, plows and other pieces of equipment to fight the 6 inches or more expected to fall in the Mid-Atlantic region.

The Northeast is expected to get the brunt of the storm. Forecasters issued a blizzard warning for New York City for Sunday and Monday, with a forecast of 11 to 16 inches of snow and strong winds that will reduce visibility to near zero at times. A blizzard warning was also in effect for Rhode Island and most of eastern Massachusetts including Boston, with forecasters predicting 15 to 20 inches of snow. A blizzard warning is issued when snow is accompanied by sustained winds or gusts over 35 mph.

As much as 18 inches could fall on the New Jersey shore with wind gusts over 40 mph.

Baltimore and Washington were expected to get 6 inches or more of snow, with surrounding areas forecast to have as many as 9, the weather service said.

By early Sunday, Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina declared states of emergency. Amtrak canceled several of its trains in Virginia.

"Winds with gusts up to 45 miles per hour will cause blowing snow and that's going to cause the worst of it," Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell told The Weather Channel Saturday night. "We're urging extreme caution in travel. Try to get home early and if you don't have to travel don't go."

Major airlines were canceling flights in the storm's path Sunday. Continental Airlines canceled 250 departures from Newark Liberty International Airport outside New York City. United Airlines canceled dozens of Sunday departures from Newark, Philadelphia, New York's LaGuardia and JFK, Boston and other airports. AirTran and Southwest Airlines also canceled flights, mostly in or out of Washington Dulles, Baltimore and Newark.

Delta Air Lines spokesman Kent Landers said the airline proactively canceled about 850 mainline and regional flights systemwide Sunday because of the weather. He said that represents about a sixth of the daily total.

"Most cancelations are concentrated from the Carolinas through New York," he said.

Mary Sanderson at American Airlines said flights through Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia would likely be canceled after 2 or 3 p.m. Sunday, with and late starts expected Monday morning.

Most carriers were waiving fees for one-time changes in affected areas and urging passengers to make changes through their websites.

The monster storm is the result of a low pressure system off the North Carolina coast that will strengthen into a major storm as it moves northeast, according to the National Weather Service.

Delaware and Philadelphia braced for up to a foot of snow predicted to fall from Sunday into Monday and authorities urged people to avoid traveling if possible.

Early Sunday, winter storm warnings stretched from Georgia through New England.

The white Christmas in the South was one for the record books. Columbia, S.C., had its first significant Christmas snow since weather records were first kept in 1887. Atlanta had just over an inch of snow — the first measurable accumulation on Christmas Day since the 1880s.

The North Carolina Highway Patrol said late Saturday that most of the roads in and around Asheville were either covered or partially covered with snow and ice. Emergency management spokeswoman Julia Jarema said troopers in the two dozen westernmost counties answered 350 calls in 18 hours Saturday. Most were wrecks.

"We're busy," Ryan Dean of Dean's Wrecker Service in Raleigh, NC, said Sunday. "We've been out since 3 in the morning pulling people out of the ditch."

Still, transportation officials in South Carolina had deployed more than 200 plows, salt trucks and other equipment.

In Pensacola, Fla., Jena Passut faced a quandary. The 36-year-old magazine writer drove with her husband and two kids from Fairfax, Va., to visit relatives. On Saturday afternoon she worried about how to get back home amid the snow.

"Should we leave on Christmas night? My kids are normally good travelers, but if it's going to take us twice as long, it's going to be hell," she said. "I like a white Christmas as much as anyone, but I don't want to drive in it."

Back to top Go down
Angelica

avatar

Number of posts : 168
pennies : 207
Rep : 23

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:28 pm

I went shopping yesterday for all the essentials...Bread, milk, water, cold cuts.

Oh I forgot to mention the most important staple....
Wine, Wine, and more Wine. coolPeace

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But inside it's so delightful,
And since I've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!


Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:31 pm

that area got slammed again ... hope you all are keeping warm up that way


it looks like Canada all over the north east



didn't New York get this same blizzard last year ?

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

youtube.com:Heart - Love Alive
Back to top Go down
Angelica

avatar

Number of posts : 168
pennies : 207
Rep : 23

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:16 pm

It's cyclical...we seem to get a severe blizzard every 3-4 years..meh. coolshadetip
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

avatar

Location : Indiana
Hobbies : Posting
Humor : None at all
Super Powers : Can find a smiley for most any occasion Number of posts : 901
pennies : 1009
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:51 pm

I hate snow..
Back to top Go down
Madison

avatar

Location : @ work 2 much
Hobbies : reconciling c/thru
Humor : sexist
Super Powers : faux feminism reparations Number of posts : 621
pennies : 299
Rep : 20

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:22 pm

KK says he's been moving snow for days
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:13 pm

ok, this was far from the worst we've ever had. 30" at our house in NY, about 20" at our house in NJ. on the plus side, it was light powder so it was easy to shovel. on th negative side it was light powder an we had 50 - 70 mph wind gusts , so drifting was a real problem. you could shovel an area and in an hour it all blew back. lots of rework had to be done.
Back to top Go down
Edelweiss

avatar

Location : in total denial
Humor : yes
Number of posts : 405
pennies : 536
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:59 pm

KK wrote:
ok, this was far from the worst we've ever had. 30" at our house in NY, about 20" at our house in NJ. on the plus side, it was light powder so it was easy to shovel. on th negative side it was light powder an we had 50 - 70 mph wind gusts , so drifting was a real problem. you could shovel an area and in an hour it all blew back. lots of rework had to be done.


I love snow but 30" is a little too much, even for me

Hope you and your family have a great New Year slowWaveHi

I bet you know what I'm about to add to this post



I don't go anywhere without Il Divo C9crackUPslap
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Edelweiss wrote:
KK wrote:
ok, this was far from the worst we've ever had. 30" at our house in NY, about 20" at our house in NJ. on the plus side, it was light powder so it was easy to shovel. on th negative side it was light powder an we had 50 - 70 mph wind gusts , so drifting was a real problem. you could shovel an area and in an hour it all blew back. lots of rework had to be done.


I love snow but 30" is a little too much, even for me

Hope you and your family have a great New Year slowWaveHi

I bet you know what I'm about to add to this post



I don't go anywhere without Il Divo C9crackUPslap
You too Edelweiss. And I hope Il Divo performs at a concert hall near you this year. Peace.

Hey, guess what I got for Christmas. German, Levels 1, 2 and 3 software focusing on theu use of verbs and conjugation in German. I'm going to learn to speak the language the right way.
Back to top Go down
Angelica

avatar

Number of posts : 168
pennies : 207
Rep : 23

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:09 pm

KK wrote:
Hey, guess what I got for Christmas. German, Levels 1, 2 and 3 software focusing on theu use of verbs and conjugation in German. I'm going to learn to speak the language the right way.

Good luck!

It was the hardest language to learn...they have Male, Female & Neuter words, like all languages do, but with German, you need to know what is a Neuter word...from birth..WTF? My teacher told me that it was a learned thing, from our parents...I am not German but needed to learn it for my job.

Here is the translation of what I said.

Es gibt weibliche, männliche und sächliche Wörter. Sie sind nicht gesagt, was sie sind, Sie wissen, von Geburt an!
Es ist mir egal, was jemand sagt, es ist eines der schwierigsten Sprachen zu lernen! WTF?

Mein Lehrer sagte mir, dass es ein gelehrter Sache war, von unseren Eltern ... ich bin nicht deutsch, sondern notwendig, um es für meine Arbeit erfahren.
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:23 pm

Angelica wrote:
KK wrote:
Hey, guess what I got for Christmas. German, Levels 1, 2 and 3 software focusing on theu use of verbs and conjugation in German. I'm going to learn to speak the language the right way.

Good luck!

It was the hardest language to learn...they have Male, Female & Neuter words, like all languages do, but with German, you need to know what is a Neuter word...from birth..WTF? My teacher told me that it was a learned thing, from our parents...I am not German but needed to learn it for my job.

Here is the translation of what I said.

Es gibt weibliche, männliche und sächliche Wörter. Sie sind nicht gesagt, was sie sind, Sie wissen, von Geburt an!
Es ist mir egal, was jemand sagt, es ist eines der schwierigsten Sprachen zu lernen! WTF?

Mein Lehrer sagte mir, dass es ein gelehrter Sache war, von unseren Eltern ... ich bin nicht deutsch, sondern notwendig, um es für meine Arbeit erfahren.
i'm a genius so it should be pretty easy
Back to top Go down
Edelweiss

avatar

Location : in total denial
Humor : yes
Number of posts : 405
pennies : 536
Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:48 pm

Quote :
You too Edelweiss. And I hope Il Divo performs at a concert hall near you this year. Peace.

Hey, guess what I got for Christmas. German, Levels 1, 2 and 3 software focusing on theu use of verbs and conjugation in German. I'm going to learn to speak the language the right way.


That's great KK...now you'll be able to miss-spell words just like I do C9crackUPslap

and just so you don't feel so bad about all the snow, here's a look at what we put up with when it snows...we have lots of hills
shocked





Stay warm and safe
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:09 pm

LOL... I was just watching about that viral vid on the news and was gonna google it


P.S. I'm at Tango's ...we're staying in...duh !!!! ...it took me almost an hour just to get here

silver & drok are going out to eat and watch fireworks somewhere, but promise to be in early

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

youtube.com:Heart - Love Alive
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Edelweiss wrote:
Quote :
You too Edelweiss. And I hope Il Divo performs at a concert hall near you this year. Peace.

Hey, guess what I got for Christmas. German, Levels 1, 2 and 3 software focusing on theu use of verbs and conjugation in German. I'm going to learn to speak the language the right way.


That's great KK...now you'll be able to miss-spell words just like I do C9crackUPslap

and just so you don't feel so bad about all the snow, here's a look at what we put up with when it snows...we have lots of hills
shocked


have you ever noticed how well i've mastered the english language ? bigWink


Stay warm and safe
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:04 pm

c/thru wrote:
LOL... I was just watching about that viral vid on the news and was gonna google it


P.S. I'm at Tango's ...we're staying in...duh !!!! ...it took me almost an hour just to get here

silver & drok are going out to eat and watch fireworks somewhere, but promise to be in early
i'm staying home tonight too. but only because no one invited me anywhere
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:24 pm

KK wrote:


i'm staying home tonight too. but only because no one invited me anywhere

awww... drink some wine w/ Giada ...and I think it's almost kissy time at your house


we have some invites...but no one anticipated this ice storm when planning their parties,
we intelligently decline, thank you

you saw the vid Edelweiss posted ? yeah...that just happened

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

youtube.com:Heart - Love Alive
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:38 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:


i'm staying home tonight too. but only because no one invited me anywhere

awww... drink some wine w/ Giada ...and I think it's almost kissy time at your house


we have some invites...but no one anticipated this ice storm when planning their parties,
we intelligently decline, thank you

you saw the vid Edelweiss posted ? yeah...that just happened
she got invited out idunno

well i'm sitting by the fire watching wild hogs. i may take a walk down to the town in a bit. they have an outdoor new years celebraton along the mainstreet with fire works at midnight.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

avatar

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Location : almost Mile High
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:09 pm

KK wrote:
she got invited out idunno

well i'm sitting by the fire watching wild hogs. i may take a walk down to the town in a bit. they have an outdoor new years celebraton along the mainstreet with fire works at midnight.


this town has one too...but it's like 2 degrees outside ... LOL

we're gonna play a round of Chess here in a minute

_______________________________________________________________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

youtube.com:Heart - Love Alive
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:54 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
she got invited out idunno

well i'm sitting by the fire watching wild hogs. i may take a walk down to the town in a bit. they have an outdoor new years celebraton along the mainstreet with fire works at midnight.


this town has one too...but it's like 2 degrees outside ... LOL

we're gonna play a round of Chess here in a minute
that's about what we normally are. it's actually fairly warm here tonight. upper 30's
Back to top Go down
Angelica

avatar

Number of posts : 168
pennies : 207
Rep : 23

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Well here we go again. Expected snow 12-16 inches...It seems like every week we get snow..enough already!

Don't get me wrong, I love the NorthEast. The changing of seasons, Spring & Fall are my favorites, I even like Winter...it is snow I hate! C9no
Back to top Go down
KK

avatar

Location : New York
Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Angelica wrote:
Well here we go again. Expected snow 12-16 inches...It seems like every week we get snow..enough already!

Don't get me wrong, I love the NorthEast. The changing of seasons, Spring & Fall are my favorites, I even like Winter...it is snow I hate! C9no
i blame 0bama
Back to top Go down
Lady Snipe Dragon

avatar

Location : Indiana
Hobbies : Posting
Humor : None at all
Super Powers : Can find a smiley for most any occasion Number of posts : 901
pennies : 1009
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:31 pm

KK wrote:
Angelica wrote:
Well here we go again. Expected snow 12-16 inches...It seems like every week we get snow..enough already!

Don't get me wrong, I love the NorthEast. The changing of seasons, Spring & Fall are my favorites, I even like Winter...it is snow I hate! C9no
i blame 0bama
I blame Gore for inventing the interwebs and global warming..
Back to top Go down
greek



Number of posts : 8
pennies : 14
Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:48 pm

KK wrote:
Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast

WASHINGTON – A band of frigid weather snaking its way up the East Coast on Sunday threatened to bring blizzards and a foot of snow to New York City and New England, while several states to the South made emergency declarations as the storm caused crashes on slick roads.

Airlines grounded hundreds of flights Sunday along the Northeast corridor in anticipation of the storm, affecting major airports including New York's JFK and Newark. Airlines said more cancellations were likely as the storm progressed. Travel misery began a day earlier in parts of the South, where a rare white Christmas came with reports of dozens of car crashes.

In Washington transportation officials pretreated roads and readied 200 salt trucks, plows and other pieces of equipment to fight the 6 inches or more expected to fall in the Mid-Atlantic region.

The Northeast is expected to get the brunt of the storm. Forecasters issued a blizzard warning for New York City for Sunday and Monday, with a forecast of 11 to 16 inches of snow and strong winds that will reduce visibility to near zero at times. A blizzard warning was also in effect for Rhode Island and most of eastern Massachusetts including Boston, with forecasters predicting 15 to 20 inches of snow. A blizzard warning is issued when snow is accompanied by sustained winds or gusts over 35 mph.

As much as 18 inches could fall on the New Jersey shore with wind gusts over 40 mph.

Baltimore and Washington were expected to get 6 inches or more of snow, with surrounding areas forecast to have as many as 9, the weather service said.

By early Sunday, Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina declared states of emergency. Amtrak canceled several of its trains in Virginia.

"Winds with gusts up to 45 miles per hour will cause blowing snow and that's going to cause the worst of it," Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell told The Weather Channel Saturday night. "We're urging extreme caution in travel. Try to get home early and if you don't have to travel don't go."

Major airlines were canceling flights in the storm's path Sunday. Continental Airlines canceled 250 departures from Newark Liberty International Airport outside New York City. United Airlines canceled dozens of Sunday departures from Newark, Philadelphia, New York's LaGuardia and JFK, Boston and other airports. AirTran and Southwest Airlines also canceled flights, mostly in or out of Washington Dulles, Baltimore and Newark.

Delta Air Lines spokesman Kent Landers said the airline proactively canceled about 850 mainline and regional flights systemwide Sunday because of the weather. He said that represents about a sixth of the daily total.

"Most cancelations are concentrated from the Carolinas through New York," he said.

Mary Sanderson at American Airlines said flights through Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia would likely be canceled after 2 or 3 p.m. Sunday, with and late starts expected Monday morning.

Most carriers were waiving fees for one-time changes in affected areas and urging passengers to make changes through their websites.

The monster storm is the result of a low pressure system off the North Carolina coast that will strengthen into a major storm as it moves northeast, according to the National Weather Service.

Delaware and Philadelphia braced for up to a foot of snow predicted to fall from Sunday into Monday and authorities urged people to avoid traveling if possible.

Early Sunday, winter storm warnings stretched from Georgia through New England.

The white Christmas in the South was one for the record books. Columbia, S.C., had its first significant Christmas snow since weather records were first kept in 1887. Atlanta had just over an inch of snow — the first measurable accumulation on Christmas Day since the 1880s.

The North Carolina Highway Patrol said late Saturday that most of the roads in and around Asheville were either covered or partially covered with snow and ice. Emergency management spokeswoman Julia Jarema said troopers in the two dozen westernmost counties answered 350 calls in 18 hours Saturday. Most were wrecks.

"We're busy," Ryan Dean of Dean's Wrecker Service in Raleigh, NC, said Sunday. "We've been out since 3 in the morning pulling people out of the ditch."

Still, transportation officials in South Carolina had deployed more than 200 plows, salt trucks and other equipment.

In Pensacola, Fla., Jena Passut faced a quandary. The 36-year-old magazine writer drove with her husband and two kids from Fairfax, Va., to visit relatives. On Saturday afternoon she worried about how to get back home amid the snow.

"Should we leave on Christmas night? My kids are normally good travelers, but if it's going to take us twice as long, it's going to be hell," she said. "I like a white Christmas as much as anyone, but I don't want to drive in it."


Thi sstorm sucks as much as this board!
Back to top Go down
Madison

avatar

Location : @ work 2 much
Hobbies : reconciling c/thru
Humor : sexist
Super Powers : faux feminism reparations Number of posts : 621
pennies : 299
Rep : 20

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:43 am

greek wrote:

Thi sstorm sucks as much as this board!


not much fighting at Cloud 9 ... but here's a gratuitous, sarcastic "sorry" urOK


Back to top Go down
Jats

avatar

Number of posts : 476
pennies : 510
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:47 am

"...yes it's been very quiet here..." the chameleon remarks, up early for a change and enjoying the delightful dawn chorus outside the dark window of his little cottage down by the canal not heard much of late, where on another morning his thoughts might be 'shut the fuck up' then "...but one thing about this board is its pretty much left to self regulate, specially with admin being busy of late, yes what it needs to liven things up is someone new full of righteous hate..." odd thinks the chameleon, its a little early to hear the familiar cuckoo call "...yes I'm sure someone can manage to help out with that..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast   

Back to top Go down
 
Snow storm bears down on Mid-Atlantic, Northeast
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: