Cloud 9 Forumn

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY !!!

ARCHIVED FORUMN

ATTEND YOUR TROLLHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS OFFLINE...giggles

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
"Al Gore"   - Tango   7/4/10 4:56 pm
"I don't understand all the threads here."   -Alberta boy  12/01/2010 5:09 pm
"Wow..I did bad..and I usually do good..."    - Lady Snipe Dragon   11/26/2010  5:14 pm
"my hairspray helps protect me from evil thoughts" - Joe King   1/09/2010 9:17 am

"so i was right"   - KK     9/9/10 6:35 pm

"It makes me crazy but it keeps me sane. I think there's a name for that!"  - Giada       2/21/10  12:51 pm
"Guilty......and woke up with a shirt on I didn't recognize."   - BMG    8/24/10  5:57 am
"aww come on you guys quit posting"  - Joebert   9/9/10  2:49 am
the goblin quickly apologized for his strange lapses into intellectualism here   9/6/10  12:24 am
"I don't know who you are, but....I LOVE YOU!"  - Angelica   12/29/2010  4:24 pm
"lol.... lure me to picture threads"  - jjjamesjchrist    4/20/2010  9:04 pm
"I just don't understand most people."   - silversunpickup    9/7/10  4:36 pm
" ...me too neither then,"   - Jats    8/10/10 5:07 am

"Bet now you're sorry you asked "   - Edelweiss     7/19/10 11:32 am

Share | 

Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
c/thru

Blurts : What is this decade called ?
Hobbies : Freedom Tracker
Humor : floating under a delicate layer of apathy
Super Powers : can turn water into ice Number of posts : 3049
pennies : 3303
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:47 pm

I need this informal paper to be right .... don't worry about the grammar, citations, ect....
I'll run it through Word again before tomorrow's due date

I thought Jats, but he's a bit more onery than FleaMM, but then I realized that Jat's more
brazen style is indeed what I need for a honest critique .... giggle

or ANYONE that sees anything wacky about this work, if you have time .... Thanks

PHI 111 Unit 5 Discussions

Determinism & Artificial Intelligence: Drawing upon the topic of free will in the last unit, is it
possible for a computer designer to program a computer to have free will? Why or why not?

According to Determinism, freedom is illusionary and there is no such thing as free will,
or metaphysical freedom , as many Determinists would call it.

Libertarianism vs. Hard Determinism: Given a choice between Libertarianism and Hard Determinism,
what position seems most plausible to you, and why?

If those are my only 2 options, I would like to choose Libertarianism because I want to
believe that I do have metaphysical freedom which can be explored and utilized to my advantage.

Is Compatiblism a viable alternative?
Compatibilism: Clarify how compatibilists understand the nature of free action.

I don’t like it. Compatibilism will classify some of my actions as having circumstantial freedom
which means I made a choice based on my own will, values, or desires without external obstacles
and can be held accountable for them, but turns around and denies metaphysical freedom by insisting
that my personality, motives and values are completely determined by previous causes which are
not of my own creation or volition.

This seems so very contradictory, unless they are saying I have a few preprogrammed choices
and I am responsible to always know which one is going to make everything right enough for
everyone involved. How omnipotent am I to be, especially since, according to them, I have
no metaphysical freedom?

Here’s what’s irritating me the most about this section’s banter on Freedom & Determinism :

1)the use of the very elusive, man-made concept of morality. I am having trouble figuring out
if it really belongs in a philosophical discussion on the nature of reality just yet.

2) Should Determinists really be allowed to use the word “should?” LOL ; )

Anyways, I was thinking that freedom, true Freedom is the unknown…
those fleeting moments of not thinking I already know.

"ever since I was a babygirl, wanted one thing most in this world,
was to keep my love, keep my love alive"
~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

Super Powers : poastwhore Number of posts : 8316
pennies : 7853
Rep : 354

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:04 pm

c/thru wrote:
I need this informal paper to be right .... don't worry about the grammar, citations, ect....
I'll run it through Word again before tomorrow's due date

I thought Jats, but he's a bit more onery than FleaMM, but then I realized that Jat's more
brazen style is indeed what I need for a honest critique .... giggle

or ANYONE that sees anything wacky about this work, if you have time .... Thanks

PHI 111 Unit 5 Discussions

Determinism & Artificial Intelligence: Drawing upon the topic of free will in the last unit, is it
possible for a computer designer to program a computer to have free will? Why or why not?

According to Determinism, freedom is illusionary and there is no such thing as free will,
or metaphysical freedom , as many Determinists would call it.

Libertarianism vs. Hard Determinism: Given a choice between Libertarianism and Hard Determinism,
what position seems most plausible to you, and why?

If those are my only 2 options, I would like to choose Libertarianism because I want to
believe that I do have metaphysical freedom which can be explored and utilized to my advantage. Couldn't this also be considered capitalism?

Is Compatiblism a viable alternative?
Compatibilism: Clarify how compatibilists understand the nature of free action.

I don’t like it. Compatibilism will classify some of my actions as having circumstantial freedom
which means I made a choice based on my own will, values, or desires without external obstacles
and can be held accountable for them, but turns around and denies metaphysical freedom by insisting
that my personality, motives and values are completely determined by previous causes which are
not of my own creation or volition. I've always seen it as a way to pass the buck, defer blame for ones actions.

This seems so very contradictory, unless they are saying I have a few preprogrammed choices
and I am responsible to always know which one is going to make everything right enough for
everyone involved. How omnipotent am I to be, especially since, according to them, I have
no metaphysical freedom?

Here’s what’s irritating me the most about this section’s banter on Freedom & Determinism :

1)the use of the very elusive, man-made concept of morality. I am having trouble figuring out
if it really belongs in a philosophical discussion on the nature of reality just yet.

2) Should Determinists really be allowed to use the word “should?” LOL ; )

Anyways, I was thinking that freedom, true Freedom is the unknown…
those fleeting moments of not thinking I already know. freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. kind of true when you think about it. because you are bound by everythng you own and have. ownership implies responsibility, responsibility limits freedom.

First, i never worry about grammar or citations anyway C9smile OK, now i will comment on your paper
Back to top Go down
Jats

Number of posts : 476
pennies : 510
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:12 am

pressed for more time than this philosophical conundrum merits the ever pragmatic Jats asks "...when is this paper due? So as not to squander my freewill by boxing myself in with irrational beliefs, counter-productive emotions, poor thinking, or lack of knowledge then as many do..." and with that Jats returns to the pressing matters of today's daily life "...translated then, I would bother answering, for you, but should I bother then..." as the chameleon cries out the answer will be 42 again anyhoo, and at the very least Jats knows he has enjoyed the most high brow joke of the day for sure

Back to top Go down
c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:48 am

I only read 1/2 that book, and the movie was probably not the same...

but it was a good reply...a smart one too ..coz this also had a hidden agenda
which I used at a few other Philosophy forums ( per Admin's social directive)

there was a flurry of guests & view counts last night ...

and I was very appreciative of KK's reveiw and personal revelation

you both are uniquely awesome innocent

~ Heart

Back to top Go down
Jats

Number of posts : 476
pennies : 510
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 pm

"...oh ok then..." Jats shrugs "...have that as my answer then, though I did enjoy swinging this around in my brain again while taking some tree branches down this morning and satisfyingly coming to the same conclusion since the last time..." and Jats goes back to nurturing in the meantime, then later adding "...a shame too, as I had managed to intertwine my answer in a little story, for a change, a fable even, of a black boy and a white boy born in the same country that would inevitably have been quoted and tagged with 'Obama is the black kid isn't he' or the like, thus, intentionally highlighting my point further..."

Last edited by Jats on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:05 pm

c/thru wrote:

what did i reveal
Back to top Go down
c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:15 pm

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

what did i reveal

Well, I was never really sure if you loved politics or just used it for fun trolling, because you have some artisitic, poetic and hippie like traits that I see equally expressed... so I felt your answers showed you do think very politically, as your vantage point on my paper seemed to came from political philosophy, which uses the terms in a slightly different manner

~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:23 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

what did i reveal

Well, I was never really sure if you loved politics or just used it for fun trolling, because you have some artisitic, poetic and hippie like traits that I see equally expressed... so I felt your answers showed you do think very politically, as your vantage point on my paper seemed to came from political philosophy, which uses the terms in a slightly different manner

I am very machiavellian. but yes, socially I am very much stil a hippy. it's like i am torn between to lovers.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:29 pm

KK wrote:

I am very machiavellian. but yes, socially I am very much stil a hippy. it's like i am torn between to lovers.

bigWink I was actually gonna write that

~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:36 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:

bigWink I was actually gonna write that
todays liberals aren't even true liberals and progressives though. they have totally lost touch with reality. to them a helping hand is a hand out. no one improves from that. which is why we have an ever growing population of dependents. people can no longer think for themselves becasue government does that fo them. people no longer will go out and work for a living becasue government will support them. no one take the low paying jobs becasue they don't have benefits. Do nothing and you get the same pay plus benefits. We are weakening our society through entitlements, not strenghening it. that is the one main reason I can never support any liberal casue and why my machaivellian side will always win out.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:41 pm

there really shouldn't be any "low paying jobs" and Bennies for all or none, I say

~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:48 pm

c/thru wrote:
there really shouldn't be any "low paying jobs" and Bennies for all or none, I say
I support a graduated flat tax. if you earn on the bottom end of the scale you shouldn't have ot pay taxes. the more you earn, the more you should pay. 90% ofthe deductions should be cut out too. National healthcare is possible, but only once healthcare has been reformed. until we fix the root of the problem we are only using an aspirin to treat a bacteria. we need an antibiotic.

Big pharma and insurance companies run the show. Malpractice has driven rates sky high. Assembly line medicine has lead to misdiagnosis and treatment.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:56 pm

KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

I support a graduated flat tax. if you earn on the bottom end of the scale you shouldn't have ot pay taxes. the more you earn, the more you should pay. 90% ofthe deductions should be cut out too. National healthcare is possible, but only once healthcare has been reformed. until we fix the root of the problem we are only using an aspirin to treat a bacteria. we need an antibiotic.

Big pharma and insurance companies run the show. Malpractice has driven rates sky high. Assembly line medicine has lead to misdiagnosis and treatment.

1) I'm sorta liking the no income tax, just a consumption tax ... it has some interesting theories

2) and that's all Obama's fault, right ? C9wink

~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:04 pm

c/thru wrote:
KK wrote:
c/thru wrote:

1) I'm sorta liking the no income tax, just a consumption tax ... it has some interesting theories

2) and that's all Obama's fault, right ? C9wink

it does have some intersting theories. but also risks in a down economy. if people are incented not to consume, government goes broke.

well i do place a lot of blam on him. not for causing the problems but fo doing nothing about them. he came out and told us everything that was wrong. and there he was right. but his plan did not address any of them. and whil libs cry obstructionist republicans, republicans were powerless. yes the y balked but their votes were not needed. well not until democrats started to jump ship for concessions. all of the major concessons were made to accomodate democrats who held their vote hostage. none were made for a republican vote. and obama solicited the help of big pharma, the insurance companies and lobbyists who he swore to ban, to help push his plan through. Again with huge concessions to them. So the majoity of the public thinks he actually fixed the problems, when all he did was get somebody else to pay for those who don't have. And that comes i nthe form of debt, increased costs and decreased services.
Back to top Go down
c/thru

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:11 am

tax all food too, kill four birds with one stone

~ Heart

Back to top Go down
KK

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:22 am

c/thru wrote:
tax all food too, kill four birds with one stone
i grow a lot of my own
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?    

Back to top Go down

Jats, no wait FleaMM, no OK, Jats ...OK, anyone ...Where are you ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cloud 9 Forumn :: Cloud 9 Forum :: Pop Quiz-
Jump to: